Casey nurse extraordinaire is currently taking dictation as increasingly grumpy Ben proceeds to spout nonsense. To all our friends and family and well-wishers, a truly heartfelt thank you. My friends here in Malaysia have supplied us with more fruit than we can eat and more flowers than my allergies can handle. So at this time I am only accepting movies, music, books or candy stripers. To my b-boy crew, I have already made it abundantly clear that Casey needs to get her ass across the street to the mall and pick up the new Beasties, White Stripes, and in honor of ProGraham, NIN album. Never fear two representatives from the parental units bank are flying in from CO tomorrow so this wish list, which is growing, will be quickly fulfilled.
Pete the image of you busting a rap out in my face has me rolling -- 'can I get a butt, can I get a butt...' Can Stiffy still hang?
When I have the use of my typing hand back, I will send along some humorous but embarrassing bathroom stories-- being in a hospital is not all it is cracked up to be.
Seriously though there is nothing we want or need, it is enough to know that we have so many good friends and family thinking of us. And Gilbert let this be a lesson to you, no more triathlons, especially now that you are are going to be a dad.
Sv (which has taken on a whole new meaning now as Ben has taken to calling himself Stroke Victim)
StB chiming in real quick: Just want to say thanks as well. We really are in good spirits here. Ben is getting better everyday. They have him in physiotherapy 2x a day and the progress is amazing. He jokes about how easy it is to impress us all -'ohh wow I pointed my finger. I stood up all wobbly for a few seconds, a one-year could do that, you guys are too easy to impress.'- but it really is awesome to see him work so hard at getting better. I told him yesterday that I think it really was the happiest day of my life because I was finally starting to feel convinced that we are now firmly on the road to recovery.
Anyway, I want to also reiterate Ben's thoughts about sending us things. I know it seems lame and I am becoming a broken record but seriously just hearing from you all and knowing how many people are rooting for us is enough. So really there is no need for more than your kind words and warm thoughts.
We appreciate all your support.
Love, Casey and Ben
Word to Sponge Bathes
1:32 PM
7 comments:
new b boys album will mailed within a few days, so scratch that off the wish list. glad you are impressing them by standing and pointing. probably should wait a while to impress them with your ability to shotgun a beer. really glad to hear you are doing better and in good spirits. please continue to take care of ol' benny boy, casey. you are doing a great job...
gilbert
Jeez Ben. You went a little overboard trying to get Casey home from the dorms, don't you think?? Just kidding - SOOO gald to hear you are doing well. Hang in there. Thanks for the updates - Stephanie
Ben,
even before the stroke you impressed me with your ability to point and shout and stand wobbly for long periods of time. It must all be coming back, dude.
Keep up the good work you two.
Coach Kurt Najork sends his love....he was just in Boulder. We're all thinking of you.
-Bruiser
Glad to see you still have a wharped sense of humor. Your cousin doug hadn't read the updated blog yet, but knew immediately what I was talking about when I told him about the South Park reference. He got a big kick out of that.
He and Mindy are headed for Jamboree in the Hills tomorrow (Thursday) for 4 days, leaving me in charge of their 3 youngest (4,2,and 8 weeks). Colten is with his dad this week. Mike is riding in as my knight in ford pick-up truck to help me keep my sanity (and help the kids keep theirs)!
So good to hear from you both.
Love---Aunt Beth
It seems even now Casey is keeping you from accumulating "things". I'm sure as your soon as your parents get there you will want for nothing. Giving is just the only way people can feel connected right now so you better update your wish list. You already have all the love and support you guys could ever need, so let us spoil Ben a little;)
Dear Ben and Casey, all your cousins in west virginia are sending all their love and positive healing vibrations to you both. Man, this is some scary sh*t, but remember..What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. All of us are so happy and relieved to hear of your progress. In hospitals..the squeaky wheel gets the grease..be informed about your condition and treatment and ask questions..and for god's sake it is vital to remember to always and I mean ALWAYS remember to check GEICO for your car insurance you could be paying too much ! Seriously, I am so glad you're still dancing in the only dance there is and based on what went down you sure picked a hell of a good partner! All the Best..continued healing and progress in your recovery. Andy
Sugar Hilliards,
Back to eating cheese and staying as horizontal as possible dude. Running is for losers anyway. I tried a few times, had some palps, and went back to the chicken fingers and feel a lot better. In all seriousness though, you guys are in our thoughts and we wish you a quick recovery. Get your ass back to the US of A and try on one of our sponge baths for a change. I think the sponges go deeper. keep us posted Casey
Larry and Kasie
Post a Comment