Delinquent Bloggers

8:48 PM

There is no legitimate excuse for my delinquency. I have not posted in almost two weeks and I have no one to blame but Stacy. We both were holding out for the other to post and finally I broke down. She wins some stand offs while I win others. I can let the bathroom go for a month or more but she can't skip even a week of cleaning. She can leave her jacket in the middle of the floor for a month or more but I can't take even a day. We actually compliment each other well. I keep things tidy while she keeps them clean. Anyway, a lot has happened in the last two weeks. I have no pictures to speak of so I will give you a list. I have to ease back into the blogging world so I think I will just give some bullet point highlights.

- Our Korean housemates are back from Korea and have entrenched themselves into the upstairs bedroom. From what I gather they will be here for about 5 months. I could be totally wrong, however, and they could move out next week. We talk that often!

- I met the ex Prime Minister of Malaysia. He was in power for 30 years and was very instrumental in Malaysia's development. He is also very controversial. I said "what up".

- Casey and I have finished our language classes. We have graduated and apparently have an intermediate proficiency in Malay. At least that is what the certificate says.

- Casey is planning on moving into the women's dormitory next week for research purposes. She is a real live Anthropologist. Hopefully her stay will be short - 4-6 weeks.

- Casey was cornered at the pool today. Her inability to say no has lead to the fact that next Tuesday she will teaching a bunch of middle aged Malay women how to swim.

- Due to Casey's Fulbright we have been invited to the US Embassy 's July 4th party. An invite only, swank affair. I hoping for a monster buffet.

- I started a job today. I would only commit to part time employment- 3 days per week - but I am afraid it may be a slippery slope back into the workaday world. I am working for the Princeton Review teaching SAT and TOEFL classes, college counseling for students, developing and teaching different corporate training programs, marketing, prospecting, and selling. Day one was ok. We shall see.

- We purchased 2 round trip airline tickets to an island off the West coast of Malaysia for $65 USD. If you come visit us we will buy your in country airfare!

I promise to get back in line and start posting again with pictures and worthwhile info.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Good to see you back on Phatlaysia, congrats on the job, 3 days a week is a perfect schedule. Happy 4th to you both, the Embassey should provide an All American spread dig in! Apparently Casey is the second best international swimmer they have ever seen at the pool; it was probabaly a toss up between her and that Olympic swimmer. A video of Casey teaching that class would be a nice post.

  2. Ben and Casey said...

    Ha, ha. I have not the first clue about teaching swimming but I figure if I can get them moving forward (they put a lot of energy into staying in one place), I 've succeeded. I will work on the video, if for nothing other than letting you see the level of swimming here and the swimming apparel worn. Actually, it it a miracle these women don't sink with all the clothing they wear.

  3. Anonymous said...

    benny,

    your posts are comedy central. keep them coming. you should quit the day job and start writing for real. you could write a killer book on the time abroad. i'd pay $ to read it for the educational and entertainment value.

    glad to get an update on what's happening. i'm definitely going to take you up on the in-country airfare offer. where do i sign up?

    drew

  4. Anonymous said...

    Nice to see you have completely embraced the culture. Forget posting...live life lazy;)

Cambodia Pics - Updated 3-3-2008