Pelajar Malas

4:15 PM

I am most certainly a pelajar malas. This is a lazy student. I'm sorry, but 8 hours a day of a language you barely understand is exhausting. Especially when bouncy, bouncy Stacy could not be happier. She recites words on the bike ride home, she speaks to me in Malay in the house, and she is constantly trying to get me to play 20 questions in Malay. I don't even have the energy to study after class and commit all the new words to memory let alone play 20 questions in a foreign language. Fortunately, Casey and our next door neighbor are becoming fast friends and maybe he will play 20 questions with her.
We have both been bad about posting this past week. Lots of class, no internet access at home, and a broken laptop have made posting difficult. The laptop should be fixed Tues and we should have highspeed at home on Mon so be on the lookout for pictures and more frequent posts. This however, will be possible only if all goes as planned and one thing I know about Malaysia is nothing goes as planned.
I posted the other day that my bike broke 1 hour after I bought it. Well I replaced the chain and tightened some screws and everything was great. This was until I was heading down a giant hill on campus at full speed. I love to fly down giant hills at full speed. It is fun and exhilarating but you feel safe because you have brakes. Well my brakes decided to stop working at that precise moment. I am alive and well but I think my bike is trying to kill me. I will keep all of you posted.
We went grocery shopping yesterday and found a burrito kit, with spices, salsa, tortillas, etc. I know this isn't exciting to anyone reading this because you can go to Chipotle, Illegal Pete's, or wherever and get a big as your head burrito. Well not here. I don't think anyone has ever even seen a burrito. I have been jonesin' for a burrito for a month and tonight I will get one. Do you have burritos in Malaysia? "Boleh"
S
kepada Kelas Encik Leek:
Stacy will post new words and phrases for all of you on Wednesday. She has no excuse except that she is a pelajar malas.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Well as you are struggling through the heat, we survived four days of camping in 15-30 Degree weather in the mountains. My pelajar are really enjoying the word of the day. Good news for you since we were away last week, we are just doing last weeks words today, therefore you being a pelajar malas, is not affecting us. Sven I feel for you being in class with Stacey, and just so you know even us cikgu get tired of Little Miss Handraiser...

  2. prograham said...

    LA was on average 85 the whole week, even hit 90 one day. Still a dirty city. But this dirt is from cars and silicone by-product, not bannanas and monkeys. Didn't Stephen King write a book about Sven's bike? Anyway, NY is freaking frigid with no snow. Very lame, but at least I can walk blind and hit a burrito shop. Hope it was good!

Cambodia Pics - Updated 3-3-2008