Hello, Stacy B. here! I wanted to post this earlier but we found out today (okay, not really found out, we were told last week but chose to ignore its implications) that we will be in class almost 8 hours a day starting today. This means that I found myself unexpectedly sitting in class today from 9-5:40, instead of playing on the internet, going for a swim, maybe doing some yoga, etc. It also means that like the rest of you (well, at least most of you) we have a (almost) full-time schedule. Surprisingly or I guess unsuprisingly, this is not all that upsetting for me, the student who has not had a proper schedule in years and who loves to study and learn (hence little miss handraiser or more commonly, geekbox), but it is apparently the end of the world for Sven who envisioned himself pounding weights 3 hours a day and sunbathing another 2. Seriously, he took one look at the schedule today and nearly fell over. It is funny, he is willing and excited to ‘work’ 8 hours or more a day but studying for that long each day gives him hives. It is almost as if he thinks studying and learning is harder than ‘working’! I wonder if that counts as a concession on his part that I have actually been working as hard or harder than him these past few years. I’d settle for even a nod to the fact that I have been working at all. I kid. Sven is just sad that his vacation is turning into work and he will not have tons of free time to sit on our hard cold floor in front of our small cableless TV and watch endless hours of Malay soap operas.
Anyway, I still have many pictures to post. In fact, I tried updating the slide show with pictures of our house yesterday but I went through the whole process only to have all the pictures disappear like magic (black or bad magic that is). So I am waiting until I have a working computer and then I will go picture and blog crazy. For now, I will just post the words of the day for the week of
Minggu
___________Word in English __________Kata dalam B. Melayu
Wednesday (Rabu) read------------------------------- baca (bah-chah)
_________lazy/hardworking student ----------------- pelajar malas/rajin
__________A student reads a book. ------------------ Pelajar baca buku.
_That lazy teacher’s name is Mr. Leek. --------- Nama cikgu malas Encik
__________________________________ (en-chick) Leek.
3 comments:
Hey Little Miss Handraiser,
I can totally sympathize being known in my family as 'Miss Not-a-Word'. What can you do? If it 'ain't' a word, what do you expect me to do? Turn the other cheek? Hell, no!
Your schedule sounds...gruelling. Jebus! I flip out after having to sit still for a two hour talk for crying out loud (more on that later).
Anyhoo, represent!
Dear pelajar malas and rajin - so sorry to hear about your gruelling schedule. I guess neither of you will be working for (real) bread and therefore be completely relient upon someone else to give you the necessities in life. You truly are in college again. Be glad however that you are apparently surrounded by people with manners: the rest of us here in LA are stuck with a monster named Mick. He's hocking luggie's in the shower right now, and I can hear this from the living room. I am going to be his cikgu and cane his ass when he gets out. Talk to you closer to the superbowl. Hope you got gats to protect your cable box (or is it satellite?).
Hey prograham,
how appropriate that you said you were going to be Mick's Cikgu and cane his ass. This is appropriate on so many levels. First of all Mick undoubtedly needs caned and secondly we had an exercise the other day in class where the sentence read "the teacher caned the naughty student because he did not do his homework". I asked if this was common and was told yes. Please, cane Mick.
Post a Comment