StacyB's First Post

4:29 PM

My first post! I am not sure how we will work this but I am leaning towards being the picture person and letting Sven do the writing, since I am still technically on a writing boycott and even the blog counts. The truth though is that I am not likely to keep my two cents to myself so I am sure I will find a need to chime in and of course, I will provide Sven with plenty of 'feedback and advice' as he writes our regular posts.

As for the pictures, I will update the slide show with new pics every so often but I think that I will introduce new ones as posts with captions to help illustrate our adventures.


So here are some from our travels to Malaysia, beginning with me and our stuff at the airport (yes, my face is missing). It is a huge pile of stuff but for two people and a year and a half, not too shabby, right? We actually fit everything into our allotted two checked bags each and two carry-ons each with only a $25 overweight charge for one bag, Sven's of course (he loves those hair products).




This is Lisa and Denise, my ex
cellent NYC tour guides. It was great fun catching up with Lisa and finally meeting her partner Denise. They really gave me a whirlwind tour of the city's highpoints (while Sven, don't let his post deceive you, disappeared to get a manicure and facial).



This picture is for Jeff, it is our sunset view from the West side of the plane. Thanks, though the wing proved to be a major obstruction.


Finally, here is a shot from our hotel room in KL. We really lucked out we are smack in the heart of the city for next to nothing.



All right, off to dinner. I love and actually know only one restaurant in KL and as luck would have it we are right down the street from it. So we are going to gorge on some spicy Thai food and the best Pad Thai EVER!
SB

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Pshaw. My brother had at least that many bags for our weekend trip to Vegas.

  2. Anonymous said...

    Yay!!! I'm so happy for you guys, the trip already sounds fantastic and I would have thought getting there would have been the worst part! This blog is a great idea, and the link is now smack between my pink is the new blog and perez hilton bookmarks so you should feel special... Blog away Sven and Stacy, blog away!

Cambodia Pics - Updated 3-3-2008