We are halfway there. I'm posting this from Seoul South Korea. I am actually sitting in the computer lounge of the hotel located inside the airport. Inside the international transfer terminal there is a hotel, a message parlor, a spa, shower facilities, and much more. This place is crazy nice and user friendly. The hotel rents rooms in 6 hour blocks so for $76 USD two peeps can catch a solid nap, a shower, and some privacy.
We left JFK on Mon the 9th at 12:40am after a fun filled day playing tourists. Casey spent the day with unofficial tour guides Lisa and Denise while I spent my time bar hopping with Brad and Priscilla. The day wore me out so I had no problems sleeping most of the flight. I think I frustrated Casey because I slept straight thru the first 6 hours. I snored while she watched crappy movies. I have to give props to Korean Air. They treat you right. Seats and leg room are ok for the economy seats but each seat has its own monitor where you can "customize your flying experience". There are about 30 movies and television programs to choose from and music, games, maps, and kids programs. They also feed you and serve you drinks and hot towels pretty regularly. I slept for about 8 of the 14 hours and watched two movies. Invincible was ok and Crank was completely miserable. I am much dumber for having seen it.
I am feeling refreshed after my hotel nap and I am now off to eat some Korean Airport food (aka McDonalds) and then begin our final leg of our journey. One 7 hour flight, a 45 minute taxi ride, and the then flip flops and shorts officially come out.
I have just seen the latest update on the Ohio State game and though my first instinct was to rip off the OSU shirt and hat that I am wearing and burn them while yelling at them I have decided that I will instead wear them with pride and if anyone says anything to me I will fall back on the excuse that having a national championship game 2 months after the regular season ends is criminal and stupid.
In Transit
12:30 PM
1 comments:
The Seoul airport does rule. Ohio State does not.
I wish I was going to Phatlaysia. Enjoy!
Post a Comment