A Note from Little Miss Handraiser

8:44 AM

First, I am not little miss handraiser, I just remember things well and it drives Ben crazy. But to live up to my reputation, I would like to note that the Tsunami did not really hit mainland Malaysia. However, this does not render your theories incorrect. Perhaps, Malaysians, the charitable people that they are, donated all their flat sheets to their neighbors and now they are experiencing a shortage of their own. As for the knives, why bother when you have teeth and your hands.

Anyway, since you are all now students in Bahasa Melayu, I thought it is worthwhile to help you with pronunciation. It is very easy since it is much like english. So for itik, you would say ee-tic (but you don't fully pronunciate the c, you cut the k sound off at the end). For boleh, you say bowl-ay, and for angsa (goose) you say ahng-sah (the a in Malay is always pronounced like 'open up your mouth and say ahh'). Hope this makes sense and helps.

StB

2 comments:

  1. prograham said...

    I'm confused. You say you are not little miss handraiser yet this blog entry IS a note from little miss handraiser. Don't deny who you are. It's ok if you thrive on the approval of your teachers. Just stay close to them on the playground at recess or you might get beat up from the other kids. Especially that bully that follows you home all the time.

  2. prograham said...

    Hey I don't know if you guys see something different than me but under the incredibly cute pic of you two and the lawn on the right of the page is a box with a quicktime symbol in it. If this is Sven's attempt to force us to listen to mp3's then either the page isn't working or my quicktime is messed up, cuz all I see is a quicktime symbol placeholder. Let's get it together amateur's. If your countrymen see this I think they can cut off your hand or something.

Cambodia Pics - Updated 3-3-2008