Yesterday Stacy introduced a Malay word. I now, would like to introduce my own Malay word of the week. "BOLEH". Boleh means can. Grammar is very loose here so boleh can mean I can, you can, they can, can you, can you do it, you can do it, etc. Boleh also seems to be the answer to every question I ask. Can I have a glass of water? "Boleh" - then I receive coffee. Is this where I pick up the bus? - "Boleh" - then the bus drives by and stops 100m up the road. Can I walk to the market from here? "Boleh" - the market is far, even for walking fools like ourselves. Can I obtain a student visa from the university? "Boleh" Can I get a student card so I can use the universities facilities? "Boleh" Apparently I can do whatever I want! Next time someone asks you a question that you don't know the answer to, or if it would take to long to explain, or if you are just don't feel like talking, just say "Boleh".
For Wyatt - I learned a new word today.
Itik, Itik, Itik, Itik, ANGSA!
Malay word of the day
1:22 PM
2 comments:
Boleh angsa you freaking itik. Did it ever occur to you all the knives got washed away in the tsunami? Hmmm? Okay I'm going to hell.
We will be playing a huge game of itik itik angsa tomorrow at recess, the kids are very excited. Now you just need to teach me how to say some curses to them...
Post a Comment