It is early and I am still a little groggy eyed and fried so how about some train of thought bullet points.
My neighbor is in Paris for two weeks. I have his keys. I am not afraid to go over to his house, make microwave popcorn, sit on his couch, and watch satellite television. In fact, last night I did just that while Casey used his much more sophisticated kitchen to make desert treats to bribe her focus groups with. The other neighbors look at me sideways and I'm sure are talking (Malaysians are such busybodies) because I keep going over to his house while he is out of town. I go over there on the pretext that I am watering his plants and taking care of his cat but that does not explain the hours of couch surfing.
I am a dog person not a cat person. However, after spending a lot of time with the cat next door I am beginning to appreciate cats as well. Tika is very cute, affectionate when she feels like it, and fun to watch. She has a best friend, however, that I hate. She pals around with this other cat, M, and they are inseparable. No joke - always together, always. I like Tika - M, not so much. First of all the cat is enormously fat. She eats all the food all the time. We are keeping food and a liter box at our place while our neighbor is gone and this random other cat eats everything. She also takes the nastiest shits I have ever come across. I have now banned her from the house.
Our Korean roommates are back. They got in last night and true to form spent all of their time upstairs in their room. They are very nice people but they just have some strange habits. The language barrier is a bit frustrating and I will have to get used to the fact that they just prefer to hangout in their room. It is not a reflection on us, they just prefer to be cooped up in a tiny stifling hot room, rather than spend time in the huge, much cooler, downstairs where Casey and I happen to be. Strange! They will either be here 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, or 5 months - I have no idea. We seriously have huge language and cultural differences.
Casey had her bag stolen from school the other day. Lots of valuable and irreplaceable stuff was stolen. Asian bathrooms are very very very wet. Casey decided to leave her bag on the sink instead of taking it into the flood zone called a toilet. This was a quiet bathroom, on a very quiet campus, during a school holiday. Probably not a good idea to leave your bag on a sink but it wasn't like this was a public bathroom in a shopping mall. Regardless, it only took 60 seconds for someone to come in and steal her stuff. Casey, true to form, has cancelled some but not all of the stolen credit cards and bank cards. She was going strong for about 30 minutes but then burnt out and has not picked up the phone in 4 days. She is actually more concerned about the loss of her tennis shoes than the loss of her wallet and all its contents.
It is still hot!
I did not take the job offer!
Casey is now officially MaLAZYian and I am quickly following suit.
Still no burritos but I have given up and now think rice is the most delicious thing ever!
random thoughts
9:12 AM
4 comments:
Dudes.....
There is nothing wrong with hanging out at your neighbours(I think I'll leave it spelled in the queen's english way) if they asked you feed their cat. I think the boundary should be drawn somewhere at taking a shower in their place and going through their drawers. Just a thought.
Anyway....how are you guys doing? Lazy still? How;s the motorcycle? Have you hit anyone? Can you hit people there and just drive off? Just not sure how it works...seems chaotic there and almost to the point of anarchy. Is this true or am I just assuming this because of my feelings that I would be confused in that environment the first time.
Hope all is well.
-Bruce
You better not keep liking cats or you will have not dogs to come home to. We will not be freindly to ANYONE who likes cats!
So, are you losing weight being in all the heat with no vehicle and no burritos? I moved back to Texas. It's hot here, too. Over 100. I still need your address to send you a care package.
I don't feel like posting so I will comment on the comments. Only the very thorough readers will notice. Gamache - the drivers are crazy here and the roads are chaotic. Motorcyclists everywhere and yes almost to the point of anarchy. There is something terribly satisfing, however, about weaving between cars and moving to the front of the line at all stop lights and traffic jams. I get everywhere I am going in half the time it would take a car. I still miss the burritos but I have substituted them with fried rice and fried noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Sara, I'll send you my address in an email.
Post a Comment