_______________________
At a recent dinner with friends, we were treated to a feast that was both cantik and sedap (beautiful and delicious). Since Malaysian menus are overwhelming and impossible to navigate especially, as the waitress or waiter hovers over your shoulder for your order, we left it to our Malaysian friends to decide. They did a wonderful job ordering and the food at this Chinese Seafood Restaurant by the water proved to be great. But there was an exception, a dish, which when viewed in person, made us feel like we were on Fear Factor.
Not sure if you can properly make out the eyes and tentacles but this is fried squid. Now, I have been eating plenty of squid since I got here and the big ones are not that bad. But these, these were like bugs and fried as they were they were also crunchy like bugs. Ugh. At least that was our opinion but my friend proceeded to eat the whole plate with gusto. Remind you of anyone Emilio?
Anyway, hooray for pictures!!! Please keep an eye out below for a long overdue slide show of our living quarters. Hope all are well.
Adventures in Malaysian Dining Part II
7:48 AM
2 comments:
Yeah Pictures! Wow, very nice place. Not at all what I pictured in my mind; very clean and modern. I'm so pleased to see you in such a nice home. Complaints from the pricess will now fall on deaf ears. He has lots of space, a couple of bathrooms, a sizable collection of fans, come on! Although he has every right to complain about that plate of so called food. More pics!
I think I might have ordered this dish before-- and yes, it was delicious!
Post a Comment