The View from Bangi

8:47 PM

So we moved out of our posh digs in Kuala Lumpur and down to a 'cozier' hotel on the Universiti's campus. Though the accomodations are no longer four star and the atmosphere here is completely different (less smog, street noise, and excitement), the view is not so bad. In fact, I think that even Sven, the club hopping, mall cruising, vodka downing, hair geling hipster he imagines himself to be, is changing his tune. Especially now that we have suffered through two long and excrutiatingly crowded commutes from KL, living the rural life doesn't seem so bad. Plus, a little exploring around town convinced him that we were not exactly in no man's land. Most importantly, we will actually be moving to our own place tomorrow and no matter what, having a place to ourselves and leaving suitcase living behind, is really all we want at this point.

But just to demonstrate that Bangi really is a beautiful place to live here are a few pictures from the last few days. Sorry, make that a picture. Our internet connection is so bad I can't get anything to upload. I will try tomorrow. Right now, I am just going to walk away.

3 comments:

  1. prograham said...

    Wow! I can't believe how much you two have been blogging already! Slideshows, pics, and practically on your 3rd page of posts now. I'm impressed. Glad to see you opted for the rugged house at least initially. You should totally play indoor soccer before you get dishes. Maybe with the monkeys? Do they play? Make sure you secretly record that Boys II Men concert and I'll post it on the innernet. Eat some bannanas and try to stay cool. Look forward to reading more.

    PS - Are you going to be giving us "Words of the Day" to help us learn as you go to school? I want to know how to say 'peace beeyach'.

  2. florida dad said...

    Who is this Stacy girl that is not afraid of the monkeys? I'm going to need to see pics of her feeding these monkeys in her new yard.

    Happy you got your house.

  3. NJ MOM said...

    You two have been very busy! I want to see a picture of this house with all the monkeys! I'm still working (HA!) on those dances.

Cambodia Pics - Updated 3-3-2008