August 17, 2008
We’re back!!! - back in the good ol’ United States! - and this place is great. After almost two years I thought I might experience some culture shock or at least go through a readjustment phase. Nope, it’s just like riding a bike and I am lovin it. I’m loving the convenience, the comfort, the coffee, everything. Malaysia was wonderful and our time there was rich and exciting but both Casey and I are thrilled to be back home. We’ve missed friends and family and after 18 months we are finally getting to spend some quality time. So far we’ve hit New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, West Virginia, Ohio, and now Colorado. We’ve had some amazing family time and we hope this pattern continues.
Unfortunately however, the readjustment period is over. We have already moved into our new house in Littleton, Casey is teaching Anthropology at Metro State, and I am job searching. I think the dream is over as the price of gas is no longer just something we read about.
We want to thank all of you who have read our blog. I am not exaggerating when I say we lived for your comments. Thanks for letting us share our experience in Malaysia with you and thank you for sharing your thoughts and kind wishes with us.
Of course, as we settle into the mundane at home this blog has to come to an end but we do have a new blog, if you are interested! Casey began the blog for our friends in Malaysia to keep them updated about our life in America. You can check it out at bendancaseydiamerika.blogspot.com but be warned its in Malay. She wanted to keep up on her language skills as well.
Two humans, two stinking dogs, 2,000 miles, three days -sweet!

Well, I guess that is all from Phatlaysia. Peace out!
2 comments:
I really liked the pictures on your Malaysian blog. I understood those just fine. We are all glad you kept us in the loop for the past year and a half. Your blog has been wonderful!
I'm truly going to miss this blog. It's been a wonderful experience reading about your adventures, trials, and especially your TRIUMPHS!
I will at least look at the pictures of the new blog.
Good Luck nephew on the job hunting and Casey on the teaching.
Love--teacheraunt
Post a Comment