Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

4:22 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

I am writing this the day after Christmas and true to Christmas form I am sitting here fat and satisfied after gorging on a Christmas feast. We were embarrassed after our Thanksgiving debacle of KFC and fish soup so we decided to do Christmas right. In the land of fried noodles and fried rice we feasted on a turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Casey, Drew, Erin, and I all contributed to figure out the Celsius/Fahrenheit conversion, we mastered our ghetto propane stove, we each did a bit of cooking, and we all sat down to a delicious meal. Special kudos to Erin and Casey for making apple and pumpkin pie. SEDAPNYA!!

















I love to host parties or dinners with Casey. She always errors on the side of too much and going overboard is putting it gently. Casey, as usual, went a bit overboard and she and Erin made 4 different types of Christmas cookies. Drew and I being the lucky recipients have expressed our gratitude by pounding down cookies every hour on the hour.












This is a shot of Drew, Erin, and I patiently waiting for the bird to cook. We kept ourselves entertained by watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Although we had a delicious feast we missed spending time with our friends and families. Thanks to Skype and cellphones we were able to connect but it just isn't the same as being there. Next year we promise to be stateside for the holidays.

We are still in the middle of vacation season here. We have had an awesome time with Drew and Erin although I feel a little guilty as we did not do Malaysia justice in our role as tour guides. Malaysia is a diverse and beautiful country but we managed to limit ourselves almost exclusively to KL. We did, however, escape to the beach for a few days and even though it is the monsoon season we were blessed with three full days of sun. That, in case you are wondering, is just enough time to get completely sunburned and peel off an entire layer of skin.

Tomorrow we are off to meet David and Cindy Hilliard for an epic vacation. A few days in Singapore, a few days in Malaysia, and then 2 weeks in Australia. After one full year here in MaLAZYia we will see if Casey and I can keep up with the Hilliards - I'm betting no. It will be a few weeks before we will be able to post again so Happy New Year to everyone and don't forget to watch AND cheer for THE Ohio State Buckeyes on Jan 7th.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Happy holidays, you guys!! I'm happy to see you did us proud. You're going to have an incredible time on your trip. Just to keep the world laziness quotient balanced while you break productivity records in Australia, I'll make sure to be extra useless at the office for the next month or so. Happy New Year!

  2. Anonymous said...

    Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful time with D & C. I am Sooo glad you had a proper Christmas feast. Love, Sara

  3. Anonymous said...

    So glad to get to read your blog one more time before you go off on your adventure with my brother and "sis"----Enjoy! (and if possibe, it's be great for even just one of the 4 of you to drop an email line. Just to let us know you're all okay.
    Love ---Aunt Beth

  4. prograham said...

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year youz twoz! Glad to see you had such a warm and happy holiday. I ate my fill as well and sitting here at work is not helping. Ben would beat me in a race right now. Hopefully next Christmas season we'll see each other. :D

  5. Anonymous said...

    Run for a 65 yard td in the first minute and a half of the bcs championship game?

    BUCKEYE!


    good luck, buckeye fans...

    gilbert

Cambodia Pics - Updated 3-3-2008