Everyone needs to unwind every once in a while. Some of us practice yoga, some of us read books, some of us meditate, some go so far as to relax on the couch with a glass of wine. Fortunately I have found a group of like minded people who prefer to play a little beer pong! Incidentally, the future President of Zimbabwe also likes to unwind with a little beer pong. I am not kidding. See the dude in the tank top about to storm the guy chugging in the foreground. Well, the black guy behind him wearing the hat - that is the future president of Zimbabwe. The current president, Mugabi, was just in Malaysia and called a private meeting with this guy. He has asked him to come back to Zimbabwe and take part in the reorganization of the government and to help with their current problems. Crazy!
I clearly will never be the president of Zimbabwe. This does not make a good campaign poster. This picture is for friends only. All parental units should disregard! I am so proud of the random mug on the left of the picture. I have no idea who he is but he made it into the photo. Whenever I see people taking a staged photograph I try to sneak into the background. I call this a random mug. The picture takers get home and look at their photos. I truly hope they look at their pictures and say "what a great picture, wait a minute, who is that dude in the background, where did he come from, who is this random mug in my shot".
For all of you who are not surprised by the above picture of me and my friend but still hold some hope that Casey is the quiet, responsible, young women she appears to be. Not so! This is Casey and her Norwegian friend getting their pose on. Editor's note. Casey just read this post and spazzed out about the above picture. She is requiring that I explain it or she will not speak to me anymore. Malaysians pose like no one I have ever met. When the cameras come out, Malaysians drop what they are doing and strike a pose. This is serious business - there is no such thing as a candid shot. Most Malaysians put on a certain face, change their body language, and vogue for the camera. This is Casey's rookie attempt at Malaysian vogueing. As you can see she is still quite the amatuer.
If you ever wake up in the morning with a headache I have a suggestion. This has been tested and is proven to work. Order a beer battered giant sausage and then have it deep fat fried. Delicious!!

To work or not to work
5:53 PM
2 comments:
So nice to know that I learned an international form of communication during my 4 years at UVM. Who would have thought Beer Pong is a way to communicate with foreign diplomats. And my business school teachers told me I needed to pay attention in International Business. Sounds like you guys are really taking a bit into the true cultural partakings of Malay. What next, beer bongs/funnels?
Following up on 2smellydogs- how about just a bong? What is the stance on bong action over there?
Stacy! I didn't know you had it in you. Hot stuff!!!
Post a Comment