Borneo Rocks

8:16 PM

Well we are back safe and sound from Borneo but hopefully not for long. That place is too cool. I am in love with Borneo and it is now of paramount importance that Casey change her research so we can move there. We had the best trip. Although there were a few occasions when we were cursing the place – if you can believe this I had maintained my cool while Casey was screaming obscenities at the top of her lungs (something to the effect of F Baco National Park) – but more about that in another blog.

Our trip had three very distinct sections and we have many many pictures so I think we will blog about our vacation in installments. Today is unfortunately just a teaser. Neither one of us has much patience with the computer right now as we have been staring at this screen all day. Today was tax day. You all know how much fun filing your taxes can be and after several hours of trying to sort it all out and creating a few unorthodox loopholes we have finally finished. Anyway, back to Borneo.

We saw lots of wildlife, rugged coastlines, abandoned beaches were we didn’t see a single person for almost 2 days, tropical rainforests, we did some cliff diving and trekking, we were rescued once by park rangers, we stayed at a home stay with 4 dogs where Casey seriously cheated on Nellie and Sable, we made some friends, and believe it or not I was forced to represent America in a chugging contest sponsored by a group of middle-aged Malaysians. I promise details and pictures over the next couple of days. Let me just say Borneo rocks.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    happy to hear that all is well; can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories. This one picture is spectacular. We sure envy you two.

  2. Anonymous said...

    Hey Guys!! Soooo jealous of you two!! My big trip this ear was to the Pococnos - Woo Hoo!!! Enjpy and take care!!

  3. Anonymous said...

    Sounds soooo cool! Am very glad to hear that Borneo rocks and am looking forward to going with you there.

  4. prograham said...

    I thought taxes were part of the reason you left the US? Something about "Come and find me..."

Cambodia Pics - Updated 3-3-2008